Find Your Opportunity
From our customers to our employees, people are our highest priority. We pride ourselves not only on being a world-class manufacturer of elevator signage and braille, but on offering the best in customer service and having a fun, passionate, hard-working staff as well. We are always looking for great people that fit our P.I.T.C.H philosophy – Positive.Integrity.Teamwork.Customer-focused.Honest. – to join our team. If this is you, apply below!
Identifying a customer’s pain, then collaboratively figuring out a way to match the company’s capabilities in order to eliminate that pain, is what I find the most gratifying.
– BRIAN HILFRANK
Position: Wet Paint Operator
Full Time (1st Shift)
The function of the wet paint operator is to perform all job duties as trained for the position to meet the Company’s goals.
Education, Experience, Training and Skills Preferred:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Two years production experience
- Training will be on the job
- Must be able to wear respirator
- Painting Skills helpful
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following requirements and duties are considered essential to the Wet Paint position. Other responsibilities may be assigned from time-to-time at the discretion of the Management.
- Responsible to oversee the smooth and successful integration of work between the Paint Booth
and other related departments.
- Maintain paint booth equipment, including guns, mixers, wiping equipment and fans.
Responsible for performing preventive maintenance according to the PM schedule to ensure
specific operational performance.
- Responsible to know, understand and practice all safety, storage and material handling policies
and procedures associated with the painting and wiping area of the plant. This will include
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Hazardous Material and Waste Control.
- Maintain a high level of competency with all Wet Paint equipment to achieve the highest quality
results possible and preview new techniques to improve both the quality and quantity of work
- Stage, set up products and provide quality product to next department by order.
- Follow priority scheduling of the department.
- Responsible for the upkeep (general cleaning & maintenance) and safe operations of your area.
- Follow all government and company policies relating to safety, health, and environment.
- Must be able to remain focused on his/her work to reduce errors.
- The sense of sight, speech (English) and hearing are required. Must possess excellent verbal and
written communication skills, as well as basic math skills.
- Must be a conscientious, quality minded worker who strives for superior performance.
- Must possess the ability to successfully communicate with their supervisor, fellow employees
and support others as a team player.
- Responsible for completing scheduled training programs and must attend meetings, as requested,
to keep informed on matters that affect the successful performance of his/her job, and of the
status of the Plant and the company as a whole.
- Demonstrates good judgment in reporting and resolving problems that arise.
- Most of the time will be spent in a non-smoking plant environment, with moderate noise and
with a controlled temperature and moderate levels of non-toxic fumes. Will work with low level
abrasive fluids or chemicals, such as lacquer thinner, etc. Additional time may be spent
throughout the plant in various departments doing fill in relief work as required.
- The normal first shift workday will be from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Monday through Friday, and
a few hours on Saturday or later in the day as necessary. However, the hours may be long when
specific projects are due and some extended schedules may be necessary.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Job Performance/Dependability: Consider the overall success of the employee when
performing according to the job description. Evaluate Employees: Attendance, employee
willingness to adjust their schedule to meet the department work load, the ability to meet
production standards, effective use of their time, initiative to do their job correctly and accept
- Teamwork & Conscientious Worker: Rate employee’s support of SCS Code of Values.
Sensitivity to others, exhibits respect, commitment, gratitude and compassion. Sets a good
example, offers solutions, learns from mistakes and is a fair team player at all times. Displays
ability to communicate positively and demonstrates ownership of the job. Consider employee’s
organizational skills and ability to keep their work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Safety: Adheres to safe practices. Consider employee’s contribution to achieving an Accident-
Free Workplace with Zero Lost-Time incidents; rate proficiency with the proper handling of safety
hazards and the implementation of SDS guidelines, utilizing proper lifting and bending
techniques, use of protective equipment where required. Displays continued safe work habits and
adheres to practices.
- Quality: Evaluates employee’s work quality and accuracy in support of ISO 9001. Support and
achieve company goals. Provide input and response to customer non-conformances. Implement
effective corrective actions and show continuous improvement. Support of Customer to Customer
quality. Identify AMT (Additional Material & Time) in your work tasks to ensure identification
of added costs and time in making the product. Employee must maintain a “Meets Standard” qualification on employee reviews.